How can alumni associations generate revenue in 2021?
Up until last year, institutions had a plethora of reliable ways to generate revenue, such as renting out spaces on campus, hosting award nights and sporting events, and organizing travel programs for members. However, the pandemic has rendered most of these options moot. Today, alumni associations are faced with a peculiar challenge – they need to generate revenue, but most of the traditional ideas won’t work.
If you find yourself in a similar situation, then this webinar can give you some ideas on different revenue-generating channels. We partnered with Don Philabaum, who is an expert on the subject, to bring something truly special for you.
Here’s what you will learn from this recording:
– Actionable strategies to generate affinity revenue (from hotel room reservations to dues and membership)
– A closer look at some of the best revenue-generating programs and ideas implemented by other institutions
– Why an alumni-centric approach is important during these times
– Which revenue sources are truly lost, and which of them can make a comeback
– Eight career and professional development programming strategies that can generate affinity revenue
About the Speakers:
Don Philabaum runs Talentmarks, an organization that provides Career & Professional Development Programming for Students, Grads, and Alumni. Don is a veteran in the industry of alumni relations and advancement and has over 26 years of experience. He was one of the early pioneers in the alumni online community and directory business. He founded IAC in 1996 and later sold it to iModules (2007) after developing over 200 alumni online communities for alumni associations from the London School of Economics, HEC School of Business, the FBI Alumni association, and alumni association across North America. Don has authored six wonderful books that talk about how colleges can become more career-centric.
Connect with Don on LinkedIn:
Kalyan Varma is the Co-Founder and CEO of Almabase. Kalyan has previously delivered sessions at CASE and Blackbaud conferences and is the creator of the popular LinkedIn series #30daysofadvancementideas.
Connect with Kalyan on LinkedIn:
Check out our other resources:
1. Is the Alumni Relations profession under threat?
2. 15 Alumni Relations leaders you should follow on LinkedIn
3. 5 ways to level up your Alumni Program in 2021
4. 4 tips for using Zoom to engage with Alumni virtually r